Children in Reception at St. Anne’s School will:
- Extend their learning through The Characteristics of Effective Learning.
- Receive a balance of self-initiated tasks and teacher led activities.
- Challenge themselves in a variety of situations.
- Be encouraged to be independent in their learning, taking their learning on with an appropriate level of intervention.
- Be taught phonics to support early reading and early writing.
- Be encouraged to write for a variety of audiences and purposes.
- Develop their use of language.
- Be encouraged to think Mathematically in a variety of situations.
- Develop their personal, social and emotional skills.