Our Visions, Aims and Shared Values
Our school is a place of learning where everyone’s UNCRC* Rights are valued and positively supported. We will enable the children to take responsibility for their learning to achieve their full potential.
We will endeavour to do this by:
- Everyone having a right to feel safe and secure (Article 3 & 6)
- Respecting everyone and being respectful (Article 1 &2)
- Developing a love of learning and be inspired and motivated to achieve our personal best (Article 28 & 29)
- Ensuring that the children have an active voice (Article 12)
*United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
Our education approach is encapsulated in our school aims for excellence which is evidenced in policies, through curriculum intent to action plans to ensure consistency and performance.
The key principles of our school aims are:
The Best from Everyone
To expect the highest standards from everyone all the time so we constantly challenge everyone within our school – children, young people, staff – to do what they think they can’t, to persist, to work hard and to be at their best.
Education with Character
To provide our children and young people with a vibrant range of enrichment activities in order to develop character, compassion and service.
To uphold our children and young peoples’ entitlement to subject based learning and to place the teaching of literacy and numeracy at the heart of everything we do so that our pupils are fully prepared to make a success of their lives.
Leadership in Every Role
To give our children – even the very youngest – the opportunity to lead and take responsibility for themselves and others. Likewise, we seek to encourage every adult at St. Anne’s School to take responsibility and the initiative to do what is right for our children and young people.
To constantly look for improvements and implement them with pace so that we stop or change things that are not working and improve things which are. In doing so, we always look to have more impact for less cost and effort. Manage resources to maximum effect.
Shared Values: to help us make good decisions and develop positive behaviours:
Ambition – to achieve the best.
Confidence – to have the courage of our convictions and to take risks in the right cause.
Creativity – to imagine possibilities and make them real for ourselves and others in all that we do.
Enthusiasm – to seek opportunity, find what is good and pursue talents and interests.
Determination – to overcome obstacles and reach success.
Whilst at St. Anne’s School, the children will:
- Make academic progress in core skills
- Have the opportunity to attend a residential
- Experience a professional performance
- Participate in a performance
- Play an instrument
- Create a large piece of artwork
- Have regular opportunities to learn outside of the classroom
- Have regular opportunities to work with different children in different year groups
- Have the opportunity for a leadership role
- Have the opportunity to plan and present their learning
- Have the opportunity to participate in an extracurricular club
- Understand the wider world around them
- Know their Island history and culture
- Participate in a joint learning activity with my parents
- Be able to swim 25m and be safe in the water
- Participate in a range of sports